The vision of the Passers is to provide support for faculty in small programs and who are somewhat isolated from others in their discipline.
- Awards will be to individuals not groups or institutions. An individual is eligible to receive only one award in any two year period.
- The individual must teach chemistry or chemical technology as a full time faculty member at an undergraduate 2- or 4-year United States college that does not have a graduate program in the chemical sciences.
- The continuing education activity must be directly related to the applicant’s teaching and must take the applicant away from his/her campus.
- Awards are to be used for activities which could include, but are not limited to, ACS short courses, advanced courses at a nearby college or university, workshops at colleges or universities. This fund does not support registration for attendance at national, regional, or local meetings, research grants, curriculum development projects, sabbatical leave expenses, purchase of equipment, organizing workshops, or travel unrelated to an educational pursuit.
- A successful application must include:
- A brief description of the applicant’s institution and department.
- A description of the proposed activity and how it relates to his/her teaching; dates; locations; titles; and contacts.
- A short curriculum vita.
- Itemized estimated expenses, amount of aid requested, and sources of supplemental funds.
- An appointed committee reviews applications three times a year. Notification will occur within six weeks of the closing date. Closing dates: January 1; April 1; September 1 of each year.
- Click here for the on-line application form or send your application in pdf format to the Chair of the Passer Education Grant Review Committee, Sue Nurrenbern, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.