RFP: DivCHED Financial Controller and Operations Manager
JOB TITLE: Financial Controller and Operations Manager
Salary: up to $150/hour
General Summary: The Division of Chemical Education, Inc. (DivCHED) is a 501(c)(3) membership organization affiliated with the American Chemical Society (ACS), is seeking a financial controller to provide financial management and support and operations management, for the organization on a part-time basis. Qualified applicants interested in instructions for application submission must request the full request for proposals (RFP) from the DivCHED Executive Assistant, Heather Johnson (HLJohnson@divched.org).
- Direct oversight and coordination of bookkeeping activities.
- Review and support the accounting and financial functions of DivCHED, including
- financial data transactions and reporting;
- maintaining effective security and recording systems, budget input and controls;
- developing information for audits and budgets;
- managing federal filings;
- providing advice and support to Division leadership and Committees.
- Prepares contracts on behalf of DivCHED in consultation with the Treasurer(s) and legal counsel as necessary.
- Supports the independent financial audits for DivCHED.
- Manages requests for licensing and royalties. Verifies receipts for requests granted.
- Identifies tasks which may be done by outside parties to better facilitate operations, assists with identification of vendors or consultants for the identified tasks, and negotiates and manages ongoing relationships with those providers.
- Assist Treasurer to review billings from annual National meetings of the ACS and segregate charges to appropriate DivCHED subcommittees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Management. Appropriate professional accreditation is required.
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Basic understanding of tax, audit, and investment procedures.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and communicate with a variety of individuals in a positive manner.
- Ability to travel.
- Must have ability to be bonded.
Minimum of five years of experience in general accounting and financial management. Experience in business activities, budget development, contracts, or non-profit organizations is a plus. Familiarity with the DivCHED or the ACS is desirable.
This position is part-time. The estimated time requirements for this position is on average 11 to 17 hours per month. The work is not spread evenly throughout the year, with heavier workloads in August/September, December/January, and March through May.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM EDT on Friday, October 16, 2020. Please refer to full RFP for submission instructions and details.
Positions available at Northern Arizona University
NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY
GENERAL/ANALYTICAL LECTURER POSITION
GENERAL/ORGANIC OR BIOCHEMISTRY LECTURER POSITION
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry seeks two, full-time lecturers to teach analytical/general chemistry or general chemistry and organic or biochemistry. A PhD in analytical, organic, or biochemistry or closely-related discipline is required. Preferred qualifications include evidence of teaching effectiveness and enthusiasm for teaching. View full announcement and apply at https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/current-job-openings/ (job ID 604870).